- Applications are now invited to the DAAD Scholarship 2019-2020 in Germany.
- DAAD scholarships in Germany are available for masters and doctoral degrees.
- Courses at the best universities in Germany
- DAAD scholarships for students from developing countries, 2019-2020 are available in several disciplines at German colleges.
With its development-oriented research courses, DAAD encourages the training of specialists from developing countries and newly industrialized countries. Well-trained local experts, in networks with international partners, play an important role in the sustainable development of their country. They are the best guarantee of a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries in all disciplines and with at least two years of professional experience the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or master’s degree at a German university recognized by the state or recognized by the state and in exceptional cases to pursue a doctorate diploma and obtain a university degree (master’s degree) in Germany.
DETAILS FOR STUDIES 2019-2020:
Western country: Germany
German university exchange service or DAAD
UNIVERSITIES AND COURSES:
Individual scholarships exclusively for postgraduate programs in Germany listed in “List of all postgraduate programs with registration deadlines”.
- Master Scholarship
- Doctorate (Doctorate)
- 12 to 36 months (depending on study program)
Value of scholarships:
- DAAD scholarships are fully funded scholarships.
- It covers all the costs of the program.
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of EUR 850 for doctoral students or EUR 1,200 for doctoral students
- Payments for health, accidents and liability insurance
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the country of origin or other source of financing
- Applicants fulfill the necessary academic conditions and can be expected to pass a study program in Germany (above average results for the first academic exam – third performance, language skills)
- Applicants have a bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) in a suitable subject
- Applicants have at least two years of professional experience
- Applicants can show that their motivation is linked to development and should take social responsibility and initiate and support change processes in their personal and professional environment after their education / scholarship
Language requirements in English: ‘
- Depending on the study program chosen
- See the scholarship brochure or website for the study program you have chosen.
HOW ARE YOU LOOKING FOR DAD Scholarship for 2019-2020?
- Applications must be sent directly to the university concerned.
- Applications (or documents) sent to DAAD will not be sent to the courses!
- Full applications must be submitted in English or German in order to be processed.
List of necessary documents (in the order specified):
The DAAD application form can be found under “Application procedure”.
- A CV signed by hand (use the standard Europass form: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- A letter of motivation signed by hand (with reference to the current profession), no more than 2 pages
- Academic letters of recommendation (letters must have letterhead, signature and office stamp and must be recent)
- Occupational recommendation letter (s) from your employer (letter must have letterhead, signature and office stamp and must be recent)
- Confirmation of the employer’s employment in your country of origin and – if possible – a re-employment guarantee.
- Proof of language skills:
- English – TOEFL or IELTS (Please note: we only accept academic TOEFL)
- German – required for courses taught in German; for lessons in English, if available (certified *) Copies of awarded diplomas (certified translation if required) (certified *) copies of printouts (certified translation if required)
- Check with the university’s requirements for certified copies are required.
- Please note that the university you are applying to may require additional documents.
- See the postgraduate education website.